Monday, August 4, 2008

The Wait

Tomorrow I embark on yet another work trip. This time it is for 10 days, which falls somewhere between the regularly scheduled 3 day trips (used to be once a month), and the 3.5 week trip I made last year.

I made a 5 day trip and a 2.5 week trip earlier this year. I am getting used to these longer stints away from home, but they certainly do not get any easier. I usually complain the entire time leading up to it, and then it generally isn't too bad (some of the 3 day trips we took were intense, though)

Just when your life gets some sort of normalcy, and some sort of flow, it becomes interrupted. You just have to learn to deal with it and move on - there are 365 days in a year- 10 days isn't enough loss to cause you harm.

With that, I am currently waiting for my last load of laundry to finish in the washer. Once it's done it shall be thrown into the dryer, and then it's lights out for this one, as my flight is at 6am.

4am is going to come all too soon...

No comments: